[Jsprintsetup] jsprintsetup and multiple printers

Quatermass quatermass7337 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:00:40 PDT 2011

I use jsprintsetup to auto-format/print labels from a web-app to a
Dymo label printer.

This works well, but having printed a label, if I then print to an
inkjet (A4) printer (manually, not via jsprintsetup), the margins
remain formatted for the label printer and I lose the edges of the
print.

Is there any way of working around this? I'm using jsprintsetup 0.9.0
and Firefox 4.0.1 on Linux, and I have the inkjet set as the default
printer (in CUPS). I only use jsprintsetup for the label printer.

My label javascript looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

jsPrintSetup.setPrinter('Dymo400')
jsPrintSetup.setOption('orientation', jsPrintSetup.kLandscapeOrientation);
jsPrintSetup.setOption('marginTop', 3);
jsPrintSetup.setOption('marginBottom', 3);
jsPrintSetup.setOption('marginLeft', 1);
jsPrintSetup.setOption('marginRight', 0);

// set page header
jsPrintSetup.setOption('headerStrLeft', '');
jsPrintSetup.setOption('headerStrCenter', '');
jsPrintSetup.setOption('headerStrRight', '');

// set page footer
jsPrintSetup.setOption('footerStrLeft', '');
jsPrintSetup.setOption('footerStrCenter', '');
jsPrintSetup.setOption('footerStrRight', '');

// set label paper size
jsPrintSetup.definePaperSize(100, 100, 'label', 'label', 'label', 39,
86, jsPrintSetup.kPaperSizeMillimeters);
jsPrintSetup.setPaperSizeData(100);

// print without a dialogue
jsPrintSetup.setOption('printSilent', 1);
jsPrintSetup.print();

</script>

Thanks.