[Jsprintsetup] How enable jsPrintSetup with xul application?

Dimitar Angelov mitko at edabg.com
Wed Apr 14 02:12:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

Thank you for the interest to our extension!

Unfortunately I'm not expert in XUL applications development.
I think that second variant (extracting jsPrintSetup.js) of using
jsPrintSetup is only possible.
I'm not sure about which interfaces used from jsPrintSetup are
implemented in xulrunner library(you can view in source code).
Especially about print dialog I thing that things there are more
complicated. Firefox for example in different platforms solve this
differently for example in Windows there two choices: use native Windows
print dialog or use FF specific print dialog. Printing in FF (include
and print dialog) facilities are implemented in toolkit part of FF
(toolkit.jar) you can see at
http://www.koders.com/javascript/fidF2BC26977FFCEBDCE49B192D834213F20A067475.aspx
For example PrintUtils.js manage printing printDialog.xul and
printDialog.js are about FF specific print dialog and so on.
You also may be interesting from this thread
http://markmail.org/message/5y3povvanutkeddf.

In conclusion I think that you can use jsPrintExtension only if you are
using as part of you code and may be needed to be adjusted for
standalone (outside FF) environment.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact with me.

Regards,

Dimitar Angelov