[Jslib] Full Screen

Ronny Hanssen super.ronny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:13:59 PST 2007

I don't know if it i srelevant, but I guess that win.openFullScreen() does
exactly what it is "supposed" to do. I presume that FullScreen is the same
as a maximized window. When showing a presentation or playing a game, then
fullscreen is without window decorations at all. So, I guess it is the same
as maximizing the window. Windows itself reports back the fullscreen
coordinates to not include the taskbar. On Linux there really isn't
something quite like thetaskbar, at least not natively. Some Linux-distros
include similar functionality but I don't really know if any of them uses a
window-manager that actually excludes the taskbar height (or width,
depending on configuration).

But, if I am right on this, then the method is badly named IMHO. It should
have been called openMaximized(), or similar. The openFullScreen method
really makes the developer expect a non-decorated window using the screens
full resolution exclusively.

Regards,
Ronny

2007/2/21, Greg Marine <gregmarine at gmail.com>: