[Jslib] JSLib Uninstall Problems

Pete Collins pete at mozdevgroup.com
Mon Aug 20 06:10:47 PDT 2007

> Is there something I need to do to access/reinitialize global objects
> like "Components" so they can be used within the second callback
> execution?  Otherwise, I don't see how it's possible to remove
> preferences after an uninstall has occurred.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, many thanks !

If you notice, uninstall was written back in 2003 when there was no way
to uninstall an xpi package. It was written for the old seamonkey
mozilla suite.

If you are using Firefox, it is not recommended you use uninstall as the
installation architecture has changed a lot since.

You can uninstall via script using Extension Manager interfaces ...

If you have some global prefs you wish to remove, you can add a listener
that will notify you when your extension is being uninstalled, but prefs
these days are usually set in the extensions bundled prefs file which is
removed when the add-on is uninstalled.

tel: 1-719-302-5811
fax: 1-719-302-5813