[Jslib] Socket.open() returns before socket is connected

Bruno Morency bmorency at newtraxtech.com
Wed Aug 1 07:06:18 PDT 2007

Hi Pete,

I could not get my problem fixed so I wrote 2 libraries for my needs
on Monday. There's a client socket and a server socket. I need those
libraries for an application where the interface (XUL) needs to
communicate with external hardware modules through local sockets (the
hardware module is abstracted by an executable which handles
communication with the interface commands can be made from either
sides).

Disclaimer : Server socket only listens to local connections and
works with one-line commands. Libraries seems to work great but they
are a first draft.

I attached the libraries (renamed as .txt files) and usage examples,
feel free to use and submit improvements.

Bruno Morency

PS :
Libraries built using the following as references :
- http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/mozsdk/sockets.php
- http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/mozsdk/serverpush.php
- http://www.koders.com/javascript/
fid0726D96D246710A6D8501D5F26CF178F505CF706.aspx?s=nsIInputStream
- JSlib socket.js