[Jslib] Pete Collins

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:32:33 PDT 2007

Hey a while back I asked about how to send paramters to
window-watcher#windowOpen
You told you found an example on lxr something like

------------

  var string = Components.classes['@
mozilla.org/supports-string;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsISupportsString)
;
  args.data = new Array( 5 , 'c' , 'string' , {name:'what'} );

  return Components.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/window-watcher;1"]
                          .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowWatcher
)
                          .openWindow( refParent, strUrl, strWindowName,
strWindowFeatures, args );

------------

The docs say to use a nsISupportsArray , so I have no idea why your example
"actually" "does" "work"...
Although that example only lets me send a string...
The array passed into args.data appears to be a string as if using (new
String()) in javascript...

I need ability to send any type of paramters...
At least a main javascript object that holds others paramters...

This is the common paradigm with window.openDialog and window.open
Usually you just create an object and pass it in and then access it via
window.arguments[0]

If you can get any information would be great...
Thanks...