[Jslib] Socket Lib testing

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Thu Sep 8 12:09:12 EDT 2005

Pete Collins wrote:
> Stephen, I've been traversing the library lot's of style cleanup and
> consistency, etc.
>
> I did some style cleanup on socket.js and need you to grab jsLib v,
> 0.1.312 and ensure I didn't cause any regressions.
>
> I tried the sample we have samples/socket.xul and it seemed ok.  Do you
> have a good server to test? If I recall, testing on port 80 isn't good
> because Apache closes the connection.

I gave socket.js a pretty healthy test case, both asynchronous and
synchronous, and it worked fine.

You're correct, http servers make for a bad test case unless you're
setup for asynchronous because the connection is closed immediately
after responding to a message.

--
Stephen Knight
Ultralife Batteries, Inc.