[Jslib] Thunderbird 1.5 and jsLib

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Tue Oct 25 16:43:03 EDT 2005

I've tracked down the issue preventing jsLib (install.rdf version)
working with TB 1.5 builds. It doesn't like the package path defined in
the em:file entry in install.rdf.

The way around this is to use a chrome.manifest file in the XPI package.
This is the next-gen chrome registration mechanism.

Create a file with the following 2 lines:

content  jslib       jar:chrome/jslib.jar!/
content  jsliblive   chrome/jsliblive/

.. and save it as chrome.manifest in the root of the XPI file. I have a
working build done, and if anyone wants it just email me privately. I
haven't tested with Firefox 1.5 builds, but I presume it will work there
too.

Pete, I've checked chrome.manifest into conf/. You just need to make the
changes so it gets built into the XPI. I also bumped up the
maxVersion(s) in install.rdf to 1.5.

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community