[Jslib] A bug?

Wei Wang ww9rivers at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:31:18 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I am posting this just in case someone can find the problem faster than I:

In trying to read the following RDF file using RDFFile (The file name is
line-wrapped because of spaces in the path) I got some exceptions that
jslib has reported as shown below:

C:\Documents and Settings\weiwang\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.4hp\boxman\device.rdf

-----======[ jsLib ERROR ]=====-----
FileName:          chrome://jslib/content/io/filesystem.js
Result:            -2152398858
Message:           Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a [nsIURL.spec]
LineNumber:        82
-------------------------------------

NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED
NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED

-----======[ jsLib ERROR ]=====-----
FileName:          chrome://jslib/content/rdf/rdfFile.js
Result:            -2153185289
Message:           Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0
[nsIIOService.newFileURI]
LineNumber:        90
-------------------------------------

The code:

var xdirs = new DirUtils();
var xfs = new FileSystem(xdirs.getMozUserHomeDir());
xfs.appendRelativePath("boxman");
xfs.mkdir();
this.root_dir =  xfs;

this.device_file = "file://" + xfs.path + "/device.rdf";
this.device_ds = new RDFFile(this.device_file, 0, g_boxman_ns,
                              "boxman");

Just a thought: Could (xfs.path + "/device.rdf") be the problem?

Regards,
--
Wei Wang