[Jslib] How to do a global install of JSLib?

Pete Collins pete at mozdevgroup.com
Tue Apr 5 13:23:13 EDT 2005

Doug Holland wrote:

>Right now I'm trying to do an install of JSLib on Firefox on my system as root for all users.  How do I do this?  When I run the xpi, it puts together an install for a single user.  Even as root, it puts together an install solely for the root user.  I need a single installation in /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/ that works for every user on the system.

Yes, I encourage all installs of jsLib to be global.

Global Install:

http://www.mozdevgroup.com/dropbox/jslib/signed/jslib_current_global_signed.xpi

For all our deployments of jsLib we use a global install.

Let me know if you have any problems. I would recommend you remove any
user install of jsLib.