[Jslib] Problems with uninstall

Matthew Wilson matthew at mjwilson.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 21:55:25 EST 2004

Hi,

   I'm having problems with the JS uninstall module.

   Firstly a minor correction to
http://jslib.mozdev.org/libraries/install/uninstall.html: the
recommended script

   <script src="chrome://jslib/content/jslib.js"/></script>

is incorrect - the closing </script> is not required. (Also it's usual
to specify 'type="application/x-javascript"' on script links in XUL.)

   Anyway, when I try and use this for my extension, I get the first
page of the wizard (which correctly identifies my .jar file if I do
"Show files to be deleted"). When I select "Next", the browser closes.

   When I restart the browser, the extension is still present in chrome,
overlays etc.

   I am running Firefox 0.8 on Windows with the Mar 3 2004 Production
install of jslib for Mozilla. Are there any known issues with this?

   (The extension I am testing with is wmlbrowser, but the version I'm
testing is not released yet.)

Matthew Wilson