[Jslib] Re: Basic Authentication and RDF Remote Datasource

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Wed Jul 14 16:24:11 EDT 2004

Pete Collins wrote:
>> I haven't had time to work on this yet, but I am going to need to
>> authenticate to get data for a datasource. Am I going to have to use a
>> XMLHttpRequest component to load the string for the RDF and then parse
>> and hand that over for this to work?
>>

> Yes, you can pass auth info to XMLHttpRequest.

Looks like that may be the only way to do it currently since
nsIRDFRemoteDataSource only supports the URI on initialization.  Unless
I am looking in the wrong spot for that info.

Thanks,
Calvin
--
S i x  F e e t  U p  |  "Nowhere to go but open-source"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579  |  Midwest: +1 (317) 861-5948
mailto:calvin at sixfeetup.com
http://www.sixfeetup.com  |  Zope Hosting from $19.95/month