[Jslib] Re: Basic Authentication and RDF Remote Datasource

Pete Collins pete at mozdevgroup.com
Wed Jul 14 16:35:31 EDT 2004

> I haven't had time to work on this yet, but I am going to need to
> authenticate to get data for a datasource. Am I going to have to use a
> XMLHttpRequest component to load the string for the RDF and then parse
> and hand that over for this to work?

Yes, you can pass auth info to XMLHttpRequest.

I need to add this option to the RemoteFile class:

http://jslib.mozdev.org/libraries/network/remotefile.html

I wouldn't be surprised if the RFD API's have a facility to pass a
uname/pass when fetching a remote datasource.

XUL Planet has some great RDF docs.

http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/intrordf.html

Pete Collins