[Jslib] IPC

Brian Thomason brian.thomason at lindows.com
Mon Feb 23 10:44:11 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am looking to write a frontend to Bittorent in XUL and thus need to be
able to read the stdout of the bittorrent client, continuously, buffered
6 libes at a time.

I am aware that you can execute a process like this:

__IMPORT__("chrome://mozlib/content/lib/js/io/file/",
"process_instantiator.js");
const PROGRAM = '/path/to/your/process';  //put the real path to your
process
const PROGRAM_ARGS = ['-chrome']; //put any arguments for your process
const RUNNING = false;
var processor = new IO_file_processInstantiator();
processor.set_handle(PROGRAM);
processor.setProcess(RUNNING, PROGRAM_ARGS);

But is there any way to read and buffer the stdout of the process as well?

I have also looked into the IPC extension from Doug Turner, but find
little in the way of documentation concerning it.

Thanks in advance for your time, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian