[Jslib] automating the installation

Gerry Kavanagh gerryk at kaltel.com
Mon Feb 2 14:19:16 EST 2004

Automating updates is not exactly what I'm after. It's the actual
initial install that I would like to automate. Currently it's done via
xpinstall which requires someone to actually be at the machine in order
to start the installation. What I'm trying to achieve is to have
installation happen with no intervention at all, so I can just send a
tarball of updates to each machine and have the machine untar it and run
a script to make whatever modifications are necessary to config files to
finalise the installation.

- Gerry