[Jslib] What to use to open files in the chrome jar?
fred at netarx.com
Fri Dec 17 10:08:09 EST 2004
During development I was using the following code to open a file in the
var theFilePath = theFileUtils.chromeToPath( theChromeName );
var theFile = new File ( theFilePath );
theChromeName is similar to...
...and it is located in...
...which is what theFilePath becomes; so far so good.
When it came time to make a package theFileUtils.chromeToPath no
longer gives a 'good' path (e.g.
This is because the file is now encapsulated in a jar file (did I
mention this is firefox).
The basic question is...
What is the appropriate way to get an file handle to this file?
- expect the File class to know how to open uri's?
- use RemoteFile? It currently only supports 'http' not 'chrome'.
- use Zip? It does not recognize chrome paths.
- use some creative combination of the File and Zip classes? That still does not locate the zip file to begin with.
- introduce new class Chrome?
I expect there are some chrome related components that are part of mozilla/firefox.
Do you know of such a mechanism?
p.s. thanks for the File( nsIFile ) constructor.
More information about the Jslib