[Jslib] Fwd: Launching external programs out of Mozilla with jslib

"Stéphane Allonas" Stephane.Allonas at gmx.de
Fri Aug 27 22:58:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am developing a Mozilla
Extension that should start an Anonymizer for http connections. My problem

is that
the jslib/IO function "run" starts the process, but that the tool can't
connect to
the Anonymizing server. If we start it with the same parameters manually
from the
commandline there is no problem.

Do you know any restrictions of jslib or can you give us a hint, why a
program that is executed with jslib cannot access the internet?

This is the js code:

 fu = new FileUtils();
 fu.run('/home/andi/mozjap/proxytest',['-j','-a','-p 1080','-n
mix.inf.tu-dresden.de:6544']);

Thank you for your help

Stephane

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail