[Jslib] forcing focus to next element...whatever it is.

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Thu Sep 18 17:16:22 EDT 2003

Stephen Knight wrote:
> is there a relatively painless way to get the window to change the focus
> to the _next_ element without requiring knowledge of the name of the
> next element?
>
> ie; as if the user had hit the tab key (the user doesn't know the name
> of the next element).
>
> (this way, if I rearrange my window, I don't have to worry about whether
> my code will focus in the correct order).
>
> thank you for your time.

Yea, this is something that keeps coming up. Take a look at this code:

   http://www.mozdev.org/lxr/http/source/recall/package/recall.js#L55

I need to add a general purpose routine to jslib library "commonWindow"
would be a good place. A func that returns an array of all the open windows.

Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org