[Jslib] jslib include() for remote script

Ryan Maw rmaw at forge-industrial.com
Wed Sep 17 17:50:14 EDT 2003

I would like to use the include() method in jslib to load a script file
from a remote http server, for example:

I would like this script to be included into the script in my chrome
window so the functions that are in the script have full access to other
objects/functions in the chrome window, etc.  I have tried this but am
having problems.  Is this possible?

If not, any ideas on how I might incorporate remote script into a chrome
window without using the <script src=..."/> tag?  I want the user of the
chrome app to be able to load in a script file after the app has
started.  I have tried setting the src="" attribute on a script tag but
this doesn't seem to work when the <script> tag is part of a chrome
window (it does seem to work when the tag is part of an html doc that is
loaded into a mozilla browser.)  Help!