[Jslib] something changed for the worse

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Mon Sep 15 15:06:12 EDT 2003


Pete Collins wrote:
> Stephen Knight wrote:

[ snip ]

>>
>> sigh...ok, I guess I'll file this under "mystery" for awhile.  Luckily 
>> my target environment for this application is _not_ Windows 2000.
> 
> 
> Yea, it's weird. I've seens weirdness like this before. I bet if you 
> create a new profile and installjslib under that, it will woprk peachy.

hmmm, I'll try that in a couple of days (I want to make _some_ progress today).

I tried shifting the jslib directory from my profile to the mozilla.org hierarchy.  After editing 
chrome.rdf et. al., the jslib splash screen worked fine (which implied I'd successfully moved jslib) 
but I still had the same symptoms when I ran the test xul.

I also went and added every permission I could find (all seven of them) to the test script.  No joy 
there either.

the only other thing I can think of is that I'm running the test xul as a resource:
mozilla -chrome resource:/Projects/test.xul

but since everything runs fine after the "mother may I"s...I don't think it's me.

> 
> I plan on putting the main jslb install to be a global install and if 
> the global install fails due to premissions, thenfall back on a local 
> install in the  user profile.

I think that is an excellent idea.  That allows some degree of flexibility in the install.



More information about the Jslib mailing list