[Jslib] something changed for the worse

stknight at ultralifebatteries.com stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Mon Sep 15 14:11:18 EDT 2003

	(my apologies for the formatting, did I mention I hate Outlook?)

> From:	Pete Collins [SMTP:pete at mozdev.org]
> Ok, give me a sample page that breaks for you. Because 0.1.86 is working
> fine for me.

	[SK]  (see below)
	I'm wondering if this is an artifact of Mozilla/Windows.  When the
installation occurs, there's:
	Mozilla/application chrome:  F:\Program
Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla1_4\chrome
	user-profile chrome: D:\Documents and Settings\StKnight\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\4ed8a4ik.slt\chrome

	jslib is installed in the user-profile chrome (both the production
and development version...no, not simultaneously).  Perhaps this is where
the problem is occurring?

	I admit, this problem might have existed prior to 0.1.83.  I might
not have discovered it due to my unfamiliarity with the enviroment.

>  Please provide a simple xul page that will not work for you.

	[SK]  here you go...

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<!DOCTYPE window>
	<window id="jslib-file-test"
	    title="jslib Test"
	    style="background-color: #cccccc; width: 100px; height: 100px;"
	    xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"

	    <script type="application/x-javascript"
	        src="chrome://jslib/content/jslib.js"
	    />

	    <script type="application/x-javascript">
	        try {
	            include( jslib_file );
	        }
	        catch( e )
	        {
	            alert( e );
	        }

	    </script>

	    <vbox flex="1" >
	        <button label="Hello"/>
	    </vbox>
	</window>

This message was scanned for viruses before being allowed to leave Ultralife Batteries mail servers.