[Jslib] something changed for the worse

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Mon Sep 15 12:45:44 EDT 2003

Pete Collins wrote:

> Stephen Knight wrote:
>
>> after downloading the Sept 10 2003/Development Install v0.1.86, I'm
>> now getting the exception:  "ReferenceError:  include is not defined"
>> when my first call to "include" is encountered.
>

> If you are getting "include is not defined", then it sounds like you
> don't have jslib.js root library above your include call.

Nope, it's sitting there (fat, dumb and happy).

Also, if it was missing I would expect to always get the "include is not
defined" error.  Instead, the exception goes away when Mozilla is running _and_
chrome://jslib/content has be performed in it (either a 2nd window/tab).  If
both steps aren't followed, then the exception is thrown.

> Double check that.
>
>   http://jslib.mozdev.org/docs.html#using_in_app
>

> This is something I forget to do myself at times.

granted, but other stuff that was working has now stopped under the same
conditions (simple test pages).

I discovered the problem in something that was working successfully Friday.  I'd
shut my machine down for the weekend and, when I went to start my development
again, I had Mozilla running but (not surprisingly) hadn't done "chrome:...".