[Jslib] Can I use jslib with good ol HTML/JavaScript?

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Wed Oct 1 14:53:39 EDT 2003

Gary Frederick wrote:
> Does jslib require a XUL app?
> I want to read/write a file in HTML/JavaScript. The example will become
> a XUL app but I want a simple version that is HTML.

When I've tried the following, it's always "died a quiet death" when trying to load jslib.js.  No
error messages, just silence.  Including the enablePrivilege() command didn't make any difference.

hope this helps.

         <title>jslib test</title>

<script type="application/x-javascript">
<script type="application/x-javascript" src="chrome://jslib/content/jslib.js" />

<script type="application/x-javascript">
     include( JS_LIB_PATH + "sound/sound.js" );
     var gBeep = new Sound;
     document.writeln( " <center>You should hear a beep!<center>" );

Stephen Knight
Ultralife Batteries, Inc.