[Jslib] Re: fileUtils.js - Local program doesn't start

"Bärbel Kiesbauer" bkiesbauer at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 18:37:45 EST 2003

>Yes, it is because you are using Mozilla 1.0.2. There has been an
>interface change in Mozilla since then.

>This issue comes up a lot. I think i'll make this functionality
>backwards compatible.

>Can you please file a bug and i'll add a hook to the old code for older
>versions of Mozilla.

>For the short term, i'd upgrade to Mozilla to any version past 1.3+

>Thanks
>--pete

I upgraded to Mozilla 1.4.1 and installed "jslib developer edition" again.
Unfortunately still the same behaviour. I think I have a wrong understanding
or a bad environment.

1. With mozilla.exe -chrome chrome://jslib/content/samples/function.xul  The
Button "function list" works, but the others have no effect

2. Here's the Code of my file again

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE  window>
<window id="file"  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<script type="application/x-javascript"
src="chrome://jslib/content/jslib.js" />
<script type="application/x-javascript">

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserAccess");
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead");
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalXPConnect");

include('chrome://jslib/content/io/io.js');
include('chrome://jslib/content/io/fileUtils.js');

function start(){
   run("d:\\NOTEPAD.EXE",[""]);
}
</script>

<menubar id="appbar">
   <menu label="Start">
      <menupopup>
        <menuitem label="Notepad" oncommand="start();"/>
      </menupopup>
   </menu>
 </menubar>
</window>

Thank you in advance,
B. Kiesbauer

HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail