[Jslib] fileUtils.js - Local program doesn't start

bkiesbauer at gmx.net bkiesbauer at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 17:27:37 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm running Mozilla 1.0.2 on Windows XP and successfully installed jslib.
Now after trial'n'error for some hours I'm desperate...

Problem is, that NOTEPAD.EXE doesn't start. Can you see my error? I loaded
the following xul-file into Mozilla:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE  window>
<window id="file"  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<script type="application/x-javascript"
src="chrome://jslib/content/jslib.js" />
<script type="application/x-javascript">

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserAccess");

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead");
  netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalXPConnect");

 include('chrome://jslib/content/io/io.js');
 include('chrome://jslib/content/io/fileUtils.js');

 function start(){
   run("d:\\NOTEPAD.EXE",[""]);
 }
</script>

<menubar id="appbar">
   <menu label="Start">
      <menupopup>
        <menuitem label="Notepad" oncommand="start();"/>
      </menupopup>
   </menu>
 </menubar>
</window>

Thank you in advance,
B. Kiesbauer

--
HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail