[Jslib] WeirdAl's ideas for JSLib

ajvincent at juno.com ajvincent at juno.com
Thu Nov 20 05:29:18 EST 2003

Just took a quick glance around, and I have a few comments.

(1) Regarding the RDF section: perhaps JSLib should take a look at chrome://inspector/content/jsutil/rdf/RDFArray.js .  Joe Hewitt's little script is rather nice, I think, although I'm not sure how to contrast it to JSLib's RDF tools.  Given that I've been working with (and on) DOM Inspector for a little while, I think I might use its tools over JSLib's in this area.  (Sorry.)

(2) For the debug.js script, how'd you like to have an assert() function in JavaScript?  Admittedly it's not as efficient as a true assert() macro would be (it requires a minimum of two arguments, and often four), but it does the job quite nicely, I think.  I posted an entry at http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/weirdal/archives/004259.html which has a version of the assert() I created.

(3) In the same article, I have a few XBL-based widgets, which I think will be useful to me in developing my project, but not necessarily to others in developing theirs.  (Frankly, I'm not sure.)  Again, you might want to take a look and tell me what you think.

(4) I'm not sure if I'm going to install JSLib on this build or not; I'm really quite undecided.  It looks cool, but I'm not sure what source code I want my project to depend on outside of its own directory...

Cheers!

Alex Vincent
author, JavaScript Developer's Dictionary (Sams Publishing, 2002)
moderator, XML forum @ http://www.codingforums.com
Vallejo, CA, USA