[Jslib] question regarding FileUtils

Karl & Denise Herrick karl_herrick at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 09:36:20 EST 2003

I am opening Lame.exe using FileUtils() like this:

function fileRunTests() {
  var fu = new FileUtils();
  for(var i=0;i<2;i++) {
  fu.run('c:\\rc\\lame.exe',
['c:\\t'+i+'.mp3','c:\\t'+i+'.wav']);
  }
}

Problem is, it will open up Lame in a windows command
shell TWICE, and start converting t0.mp3 and t1.mp3
all at the same time... Can you imagine the
difficulties if I had to convert 100's of mp3's?
So...

My question is this: Is there anyway to force jsLib to
wait until a running process is over until it runs
another... what would be even better is if I could
have it run in the same command shell window as the
one before it... Any ideas on either one of these,
(waiting for the process and opening in the same
command shell) would be greatly appreciated?

-Karl Herrick

=====
Our life and happenings:
http://weblog.karlherrick.com