[Jslib] Updated install.js

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Thu Nov 13 10:58:04 EST 2003

Pete Collins wrote:

>> Is there an opportunity to cancel if unable to install in the
>> global-chrome, and avoid installing in the user-chrome?
>>
>> the reason I ask is because I'm usually not running as
>> root/administrator and this would allow me to back-off and try again
>> under the proper conditions.
>>
>> (I've already played the game of
>> "install/move-to-global/tweak-installed-chrome.txt/repeat").
>

> No, there isn't an opportunity to cancel. My attempt was to simplify the
> install process as much as possible.

I understand, however once the plan is to have jslib preferably installed in the global chrome then
(IMHO) the simplest way is not necessarily the best.

> I can pop up a confirm if install fails in the global chrome dir if that
> is preferred.

that would be my preference.

the reason for this (as I see it) is that while some systems (Windows 9x, XP) have the main user as
administrator, Linux, MacOS X and Windows 2000 do not.  Even logged in as root under Linux is no
guarantee that something installed by Mozilla is going to go into the global chrome.

just a thought.

--
Stephen Knight
Ultralife Batteries, Inc.