[Jslib] Updated install.js

Stephen Knight stknight at ultralifebatteries.com
Thu Nov 13 09:58:35 EST 2003

Pete Collins wrote:
> Brian King wrote:
>
>> On 12.11.2003 19:33, Pete Collins wrote:
>>
>>> I just added the long awaited logic to autodetect install type.
>>>
>>> The first attempt will try to do a global chrome install of jslib. If
>>> that fails because the user doesn't have write permissions to the
>>> global chrome directory, we will fall back on installing in the user
>>> chrome dir.
>>

>> Why not give the user the choice?
>>

> Because jslib is a library designed to be used and shared by many
> applications. Installing it into the user chrome is really just a last
> resort. Also, since it is a developer dependency, the least amount of
> user interaction, the better.

Is there an opportunity to cancel if unable to install in the global-chrome, and avoid installing in
the user-chrome?

the reason I ask is because I'm usually not running as root/administrator and this would allow me to
back-off and try again under the proper conditions.

(I've already played the game of "install/move-to-global/tweak-installed-chrome.txt/repeat").

--
Stephen Knight
Ultralife Batteries, Inc.