[Jslib] Installing JSLib and Tagzilla in Thunderbird and Firebird - Answer

Duane Hubbard hubbard_trouble at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 00:32:01 EDT 2003

>I was having trouble installing Jslib on Thunderbird, so I thought I'd
>check the archives here to see if anyone else had the same trouble. I
>was quite amused to see that the archives currently consist of 4
>messages, 2 of which are unanswered help requests for my exact problem. :-)

The reason that there are only four messages is because Mozdev.org was
downed not too long ago, and they are still restoring everything. See
link below for more info. :)
http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=3376

>Well, I'll try to get this straightened out myself then, and post an
>answer here, so the count for this problem doesn't go up to 4 messages.
>To give a bit more detail:

<snip>

>When(if) I get it figured out, I'll post an update.

Don't bother trying to figure it out. I'll give you, and everyone else
who wishes to know, the answer.

Here's what you have to do.
Installing JSLib:
1) Point your browser to:
http://downloads.uk1.mozdev.org/rsync/jslib/xpi/
and save the file called "
<http://downloads.uk1.mozdev.org/rsync/jslib/xpi/jslib_current.xpi>jslib_current.xpi"
to your computer.
2) Open Thunderbird and go to  Tools...-->Options...-->Extensions
3) Click "Install New Extension", when the box pops up, direct it to the
file you saved earlier.
4) Click "OK", then restart Thunderbird
Installing Tagzilla:
1) Point your browser to:
http://tagzilla.mozdev.org/installation.html
and save the proper file to your computer
2) Follow lines 2 through 4 above.

This should install JSLib and Tagzilla in Thunderbird, hopefully they
will make it easier later.
I would also suggest installing both in Firebird as well, so that you
can just the "steal" function in your browser.

--
As a child, I was very young.