[Jslib] General Purpose Uninstall Wizard in jslib v0.1.114

Henrik Gemal spam at gemal.dk
Mon Dec 8 21:01:15 EST 2003

Pete Collins wrote:
> Henrik Gemal wrote:
>
>> Pete Collins wrote:
>>
>>> Neil Deakin just added a very nice general purpose uninstall library
>>> for jslib.
>>>
>>> We haven't documented this library yet, so:
>>>

>> I've installed the new jslib and have Linky installed
>> so I have:
>> oncommand="jslibUninstall('linky');"
>>
>> but the files to uninstall is just empty and nothing is uninstalled.
>> My files are installed in the user chrome
>

> For now, list your uninstallable files in your contents.rdf file.
>
> Eg:
>
>     <chrome:uninstallInfo>
>       <RDF:Seq>
>         <RDF:li>UChrm:linky.jar</RDF:li>
>       </RDF:Seq>
>     </chrome:uninstallInfo>
>
> See if that works. I'm not entirely sure if we have a default uninstall
> file set hooked in yet.

it seems to work now.

Perhaps it should default to "packagename.jar"

at creation time I dont know if the user installs into user or global
chrome so can I just have:
<RDF:li>UChrom:tdccms.jar</RDF:li>
<RDF:li>AChrom:tdccms.jar</RDF:li>

Or shouldn't the uninstall just detect that automaticlly?

is it UChrom or as you wrote UChrm and why not UserChrome?

Henrik Gemal, henrik at gemal.dk
http://gemal.dk