[Jslib] Uninstall UI

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Fri Dec 5 23:19:40 EST 2003

Neil Deakin aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>> Sure. But if we close all the windows like we do in order to close any
>> open filehandles, then the context wil be lost for the callback no?
>
> No, the uninstaller will have a reference to it, so it won't be deleted.

The only JS solution I found so far is to fake a low memory condition -
the JAR cache will only then be emptied. Since Mozilla isn't very
responsive afterwards ;-), it has to be shut down.

See especially the function RemoveDeletableFiles:
<http://www.mozdev.org/lxr/http/source/mnenhy/src/bin/chrome/mnenhy/content/mnenhy/mnenhy-uninstall.js#L230>

(This is checked in, but not yet available in official Mnenhy builds.)

[Oh, how wish that LXR search would be functional again! :) ]

Karsten