[Jslib] Re: Uninstall UI

Pete Collins pete at mozdev.org
Tue Dec 2 17:34:44 EST 2003

> What we need I believe is something similar, i.e. getting feedback from
> the user, but perhaps in a wizard form that looks more professional. We
> could make step 2 above nicer by listing the files that are going to be
> deleted.

Actually here is what I have checked in so far Brian.

My package has an overlay menuitem called uninstall.

   <menupopup id="taskPopup">
     <menu id="mypackage-menu" label="HRI Canvas">
       <menupopup>
         <menuitem
             id="mypackage-item"
             label="MyPackage"
             oncommand="newWindow();" />
         <menuitem
             id="mypackage-uninstall"
             label="Uninstall"
             oncommand="uninstall('mypackage');" />
       </menupopup>
     </menu>
   </menupopup>

It has a glue function below:

function uninstall (aPackage)
{
   include (jslib_window);
   var win = new CommonWindow(null, 400, 400);
   win.position = JS_MIDDLE_CENTER;
   win.openUninstallWindow("hri");
}

This will launch the jslib uninstall wizard that i'm working on at the
moment which has three wizardpages.

So yes agree, this needs to be a real professional looking GUI.

> As for the jslib package, there is no UI per se. Pete, Have you thought
> about putting in any jslib UI? I know currently it can only be accessed
> through a chrome URL.

Currently don't need this, because the package author will provide this
menuitem glue above.

Pete Collins
www.mozdev.org