[Jslib] Uninstall UI

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Tue Dec 2 22:55:01 EST 2003

Moving this discussion to the jslib mailing list ...

Here are my thoughts so far.

The only project I could find that has an uninstaller is googlebar:

http://googlebar.mozdev.org/about.html#uninstall
http://users.bestweb.net/~doris/UnGooglebar/

The UI for it is a button in the Options window that when clicked walks
you through 3 prompts:
1) Are you sure you want to completely remove googlebar? Y/N
2) Would you also like to delete the googlebar files? Y/N
3) Mozdev Googlebar has been removed.
Then the browser is shut down automatically without warning (a bad move).

What we need I believe is something similar, i.e. getting feedback from
the user, but perhaps in a wizard form that looks more professional. We
could make step 2 above nicer by listing the files that are going to be
deleted.

As for the jslib package, there is no UI per se. Pete, Have you thought
about putting in any jslib UI? I know currently it can only be accessed
through a chrome URL.

For example:
Tools->jslib->Options ...
or
Tools->jslib->About ...

Then an uninstall option could live there (along with other things such
as version number and credits ...).

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org