[Greasemonkey] More metadata again

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Sun May 15 12:13:49 EDT 2005

> Re: @author and @version
> I could come up with lots of useful metadata. I just don't see any point
> in adding it if Greasemonkey isn't going to do something useful with it.
> You can add both author and version to @description, or just put it in a
> regular Javascript comment.
OK, I respect that (though I don't like it much).

> Re: @charset
> This seems to be the only way to support scripts in various character
> sets. I'd like to detect it when the script is saved, but haven't found
> a way to get that information. I think this is important enough that we
> should include it 0.4
Glad to hear that. I'm sceptical about auto-detection though, for
example the two most common central-european encodings (iso-8859-2 by
ISO and windows-1250 by MS) differ only at a couple of positions in
the character table. I don't really see a way how to auto-detect one
from the other and there might be even trickier encodings.

Ondřej Kučera