[Greasemonkey] Greasemonkey 0.4

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:20:42 EDT 2005

In keeping with an illustrious tradition of obsessive programmers
everywhere, I've done a pretty large refactor of Greasemonkey while
trying to implement a few minor new features.

I'd love it if people could give it a testdrive and see if they see
any glaring issues. The expected feature set (as well as explanation
such as it is) can be found in this blog post:

http://greaseblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/will-there-ever-be-another.html

    *  A "new" button in the manage UI
    * Compatibility with latest Deer Park builds
    * Compatibility with Seamonkey
    * Compatibility with Menu Editor (but not Compact Menu probably)
    * Less of a chance of being detected or stopped by page authors
    * Minor UI improvements, such as being able to press Enter/Esc in
the various dialogs
    * Easier development of future features
    * No more memory leaks
    * Accelerator keys for menu commands

Issues I'm already aware of:

* manage screen bounces around as you change the selected script (at
least on mac)
* user script commands menu item doesn't disable, even if there are no
commands available
* accel hint text doesn't show up next to user script command items
(but accel should work)

Things I'd like to know about:

* doesn't work with xyz script
* doesn't work with xyz browser (should now work with latest firefoxes
- branch and aviary - as well as seamonkey)
* memory leaks
* performance issues

I've tested this personally in latest release Seamonkey from
mozilla.org, Deer Park Alpha 1, Release Firefox 1.0.4.

--
Aaron