[Greasemonkey] GreaseMonkey 0.5.1 'Install User Script' always present

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:45:24 EDT 2005

> Jeremy, why does this affect only some users? I thought that your
> patch only addressed when the context menu comes up over a text node.

I'm really not sure.  I see it consistently on FF 1.0.6 on both Win
and Mac with 0.5.1.  The original code just assumed it was getting an
anchor.  I originally changed it to climb until finding an anchor or
running out of parents, but didn't think about the fact that not all
nodes have .tagName, so it threw an exception when it started on a
text node.  The later patch is a bit more careful.

I'm attaching a test for various contexts (also will attach to the
bug).  ....I think I may be missing one.

Keep in mind that whatever value .hidden gets when it works, it'll
keep until it works again, so the menuitem could stay hidden (or stay
visible) on the same action, depending on whether it was visible on
last success.