[Greasemonkey] 0.5.1 (a few small things), and a plan

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 05:37:49 EDT 2005

On 08/24/05 04:26, Aaron Boodman wrote:
> This has a small security fix in it, and support for editing in *nix.
>
> I think Nik may have done something with Unicode as well (I forget,
> Nik?). Can people please test it out? I'd like to remove the beta
> label from 0.5 this week.
>
> I had been trying to get fastback support into it, but it's been very
> difficult to make it play nice with this wacky way of injecting
> scripts that we're using for 1.0.x support. And though I want to add
> that monkey popup menu as well, it's most important to just get a
> stable 0.5 I think.
>
> So I'm starting to wonder whether it's maybe not simply better to
> branch for GM 0.6, which would be Deer Park only. I'd continue to
> support 0.5/1.0.x until Deer Park ships, or GM 0.6 ships, whichever is
> later.
>
> With Deer Park, I can use evalInSandbox to inject scripts. This is far
> safer and a lot less complex. Less complex means easier to develop new
> features. We could put all the new features on 0.6.
>
> What think?

Also, I'm getting this error in the JavaScript Console when I
right-click on the textarea at
<URL:http://amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/forum.php?lang=en>:

Error: culprit.tagName has no properties
Source File: chrome://greasemonkey/content/browser.js
Line: 239

....Should I be filing bugs or something instead? :-)

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)