[Greasemonkey] 0.5.1 (a few small things), and a plan

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:33:19 EDT 2005

On 08/24/05 04:26, Aaron Boodman wrote:
> This has a small security fix in it, and support for editing in *nix.
>
> I think Nik may have done something with Unicode as well (I forget,
> Nik?). Can people please test it out? I'd like to remove the beta
> label from 0.5 this week.
>
> I had been trying to get fastback support into it, but it's been very
> difficult to make it play nice with this wacky way of injecting
> scripts that we're using for 1.0.x support. And though I want to add
> that monkey popup menu as well, it's most important to just get a
> stable 0.5 I think.
>
> So I'm starting to wonder whether it's maybe not simply better to
> branch for GM 0.6, which would be Deer Park only. I'd continue to
> support 0.5/1.0.x until Deer Park ships, or GM 0.6 ships, whichever is
> later.
>
> With Deer Park, I can use evalInSandbox to inject scripts. This is far
> safer and a lot less complex. Less complex means easier to develop new
> features. We could put all the new features on 0.6.
>
> What think?

Making an extension that's only compatible with Deer Park before there's
even a beta of it is a bit early (excluding extensions that there's no
reason to have 1.0 support, of course), but this sounds like a good idea
to me. Greasemonkey 0.5 is quite stable, so you can release it as the
stable version for 1.0 and Deer Park and then start working on the Deer
Park-only 0.6. Sounds good to me. :-)

Also, no support of editing in *nix was why nothing ever happened when I
clicked that button? Oh, okay.

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)