[Greasemonkey] 0.5.1 (a few small things), and a plan

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 02:26:04 EDT 2005

This has a small security fix in it, and support for editing in *nix.

I think Nik may have done something with Unicode as well (I forget,
Nik?). Can people please test it out? I'd like to remove the beta
label from 0.5 this week.

I had been trying to get fastback support into it, but it's been very
difficult to make it play nice with this wacky way of injecting
scripts that we're using for 1.0.x support. And though I want to add
that monkey popup menu as well, it's most important to just get a
stable 0.5 I think.

So I'm starting to wonder whether it's maybe not simply better to
branch for GM 0.6, which would be Deer Park only. I'd continue to
support 0.5/1.0.x until Deer Park ships, or GM 0.6 ships, whichever is
later.

With Deer Park, I can use evalInSandbox to inject scripts. This is far
safer and a lot less complex. Less complex means easier to develop new
features. We could put all the new features on 0.6.

What think?