[Greasemonkey] Google question

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:45:24 EDT 2005

My impression too is that it's different from the way it was before.
Previously, you only have a small chance that the URLs were
redirected, like a sampling, and it was obvious when it was done - you
could reload the search results and the redirects disappeared.

Now it appears to happen all the time, and it makes it impossible to
save PDF files via right-click.

This appears to be unrelated to the personalized search/search history
feature, this is Google tracking for everybody which links they click
on.  I suspect one application Google has in mind is that they
sometimes suggest alternative search terms: you search for A, and they
say "Unsatisfied with the results?  Did you mean to search for A and
B?" - they can only do that if they know that users searching for A
have in the past preferred to choose those links that also contain B.

 - Godmar