[Greasemonkey] Quick'n'Dirty JS filetype changer

GuidoZ uberguidoz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:04:53 EDT 2005

>  Nothing against you, the idea is good, but I for one am uncomfortable
> downloading a 148kb zip file that contains an executable for the purposes of
> changing a registry entry or two!

Fully understandable - that's why I included the "source files", which
is the two batch files. Popping them in Notepad will reveal there is
no funny business. =P The EXEs were for those who prefer them. (They
were requested... some no-nothing admin said batch files were
dangerous but EXEs were ok because they could be scanned. *shrugs*)

A number of people had expressed issues with getting file types
changed and this solved it for them. For those having the same
problems, I thought I'd share. It isn't going to be useful for any
developer because they will obviously understand the concept. However,
if you have a friend who isn't the most computer savvy, but want to
share this wonderful extension, then send one of the batch files along
with it. Saves me lots of time trying to explain how to do it over the
phone or email. =)

--
Peace. G