[Greasemonkey] editing on the fly, linux

Nikolas Coukouma lists at atrus.org
Mon Aug 22 21:05:52 EDT 2005

Nic Ferrier wrote:

>n_powell <nathan at lagerbottom.com> writes:
>

>>Sorry if this is obtuse, but I want to confim what I am reading in the
>>archives.  Is there any way for a *NIX user to click on edit scripts in
>>the Tools menu and have it open an editor?
>>
>>I have been writing scripts and having a good time, but it has been time
>>consuming since I have been reinstalling the script to get it to update
>>and that is not a lot of fun.  So if is possible or there is a work
>>around I would be grateful for the advice.
>>

>I use emacs which doesn't play nicely with mozilla (I find the emacs
>server a chore to use).
>I just use find inside emacs to edit the browser's GM:
>  find ~/.mozilla -type d -name "greasemonkey"
>The scripts there can be open and edited "live".
>The same principal would work for any editor.
>
>Nic Ferrier
>
>http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk

For GM 0.3.x you can put the following URL in and get a directory listing:
  chrome://greasemonkey/content/scripts
At the top is the path in the form of a file:// URL.

GM 0.5 moved scripts to your profile directory called "gm_scripts" If
you need help finding your profile directory, see the official page
about it:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

-Nikolas