[Greasemonkey] editing on the fly, linux

Nic Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 00:56:22 EDT 2005

n_powell <nathan at lagerbottom.com> writes:

> Sorry if this is obtuse, but I want to confim what I am reading in the
> archives.  Is there any way for a *NIX user to click on edit scripts in
> the Tools menu and have it open an editor?
>
> I have been writing scripts and having a good time, but it has been time
> consuming since I have been reinstalling the script to get it to update
> and that is not a lot of fun.  So if is possible or there is a work
> around I would be grateful for the advice.

I use emacs which doesn't play nicely with mozilla (I find the emacs
server a chore to use).

I just use find inside emacs to edit the browser's GM:

  find ~/.mozilla -type d -name "greasemonkey"

The scripts there can be open and edited "live".

The same principal would work for any editor.

Nic Ferrier

http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk