[Greasemonkey] Hooking into Gmail

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:04:35 EDT 2005

On 8/22/05, Mihai Parparita <mihai.parparita at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a line in my about page that says "All entries and code on this
> site are licensed under a Creative Commons License." That links to the
> specific CC license that I picked
> (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/). I've read that
> Creative Commons is not really suited for code, but I haven't had the
> time time (or interest) to investigate further.

http://creativecommons.org/faq#faq_entry_3646 states "CC licenses are
not written for software. They should not be used for software. We
strongly encourage you to use one of the very good software licenses
available today."

http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/ccsummary.html states "Authors who use or are
planning to use the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license should consider
a similar Free Software license such as the GNU General Public
License."

-Mark