[Greasemonkey] somebody got too much time on his hand? try this. (was Re: Hooking into Gmail)

Martin Sarsale martin.sarsale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:17:28 EDT 2005

> Keys of other people could be fetched from a keyserver with an
> xmlhttprequest and then stored in the contact list. One problem would be
> storing one's own private key securely...

You could use gpg as the backend, and then, you have the performance
and key storage problems solved, but it will work just with the boxes
where you have gpg installed and your key.

BTW, I think it would be cool to have some kind of gm_(Set|Get)Value
but stored on a remote server. Obviously this could have
security/privacy issues but the "server" can be released as free
software so anyone can install it in its own server.