[Greasemonkey] Rich Text Editor

Matt Labrum darktempler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 02:53:32 EDT 2005

:D try to because its alot better if you dont depend on the click attribute.

"also i notice you wait untill the load of the window before activating
> design mode , you can just wait till the iframe itself has loaded iframe."
>
> This is where I was unsure how events were handled. DelphiForums has two
> pages that the editor can be used on, and they have different HTML
> structures. Depending on who is using the editor, they may or may not be
> able to post HTML. So I need to detect whether there is a certain checkbox
> or button on the page before I display the editor, so that I don't display
> it if they can't post HTML. That is why I waited for the onload of the
> window. Is it possible to do that checking before the onload event?
>
> thanks!
>
> White

if it has two pages could you use something like below to match the url?

var url = window.location.href;
if(url.match('thread.php')){
//run the rich text editor
}
else if(url.match('other.php')){
//run normal

}

greasemonkey loads your script when the dom is availible so most likley you
can do those checks beforehand.

also using my editor people cant post html , most forums have it disabled so
i use xPaths to replace html into bbcode. maby you could do something like
that on those pages?

my wysiwyg editor code is here..
http://blog.thedt.net/wp-content/upload/msgplusforumwysiwyg.user.js incase
you want to use it as a refence but the code is kinda messy...