[Greasemonkey] A question from the ignorant

Scott Turner srt19170 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:52:47 EDT 2005

On 8/17/05, Andrew Bell <greasemonkey at belltower.org> wrote:

> I've been using greasemonkey via platypus, and it's been pretty handy.
> However, I really hate the way I see the initial version of the page,
> followed by the redisplay of the page with my GM/platypus
> modifications. Moreover, I'd really like to avoid the bandwidth cost of
> downloading the various things I'm eliminating.
>
> Am I correct in assuming this would require low-level changes in
> Firefox, or some special OS intercept of the http calls , as opposed to
> being within the capabilities of Greasemonkey?

I should probably make this a FAQ for Platypus, but if you go in and edit
the GM script that Platypus creates, you'll see that it waits for an event
before executing any changes to the page. You can try removing that line and
just executing the Platypus function without waiting for the event. That
will work on many pages and eliminate some of the wait. On other pages it
will break :-)

Email me with your script if you don't see how to make the change.

-- Scott