[Greasemonkey] Ungreaseable

Brendan Crosser-McGay verifex at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 20:42:59 EDT 2005

Wouldn't it still be possible for say, a big name site to have a JS source
added externally, and have it simply check if a node exists, forget trying
to see if GM is loaded.

For instance, if I'm CNN, and I run a JS that checks to see if the
advertising nodes exist where they are supposed to exist. I can check via JS
onload, at the bottom, and maybe at random other intervals within the page
itself, then if the advertising doesn't exist, throw the browser to another
page. Or simply mangle the page entirely?

Wouldn't it be great to make GM functions library that would let us
selectively pre-filter JS on a page before it was rendered. Talk about a
sticky situation that would put us in though.