[Greasemonkey] Ungreaseable

Ted Mielczarek ted.mielczarek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:45:41 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Jeremy Dunck <jdunck at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, um, this is the arms race I was talking about.  Aaron says there's
> no arms race because the web is loosely coupled and we can do whatever
> we want before rendering, and that's true in a theorhetical sense, but
> it's outside GM's current capability.
>
> Nik says override innerHTML, yeah, that works in this instance but
> there's always n+1 to worry about.

I doubt either of these methods are practical for non-static webpages.
 Anything that's dynamic in any sense is not going to have a single
static DOM, so it'd be pretty hard to determine whether the page DOM
is exactly what they're expecting.

And if static webpages start using them, well, isn't un-screwing the
web what GM is all about?

-Ted